Terms and Conditions
Bookings & Payment:
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your booking (normally 50% of the full amount unless specified otherwise in your booking confirmation).
- The balance is payable in full no later than the date specified in the booking confirmation form (usually 7 days before your booking).
- All payments are non-refundable. This is because we are reserving the boats for you, rejecting other bookings.
- A holding deposit is required before the cruise (normally R1500 unless specified otherwise in your booking confirmation). This will be refunded at the end of the rental if no damage occurs.
- The organiser is responsible for ensuring all members of the group are aware of the booking terms and conditions.
Booking and Payment Terms
Once you have confirmed your booking with us, paid your non-refundable deposit (refer to your booking confirmation form for the amount), a binding contract between us will come into existence. In the event we acknowledge your booking verbally prior to sending a confirmation letter, such acknowledgement will be an indication that we are dealing with your booking only and not a formal confirmation of it. By making your booking with us, you will be regarded as having read and understood our Terms and Conditions of Booking and to have actually done so before a contract between us came into existence.
Having read these terms and conditions, and acknowledging that you have done so by way of paying a deposit, You are formally accepting that you are now dealing with us on behalf of all other participants. If for any reason you require to hand-over responsibility of rental organiser to someone else you must notify us in writing immediately. We cannot acknowledge this change of responsibility until we have received your formal advice in writing. You are liable for payment of the amounts due and responsible for collecting all monies and making payments to us by the due date. Upon receipt of any confirmation letters, documents or invoices from us, you must check them and contact us at once if any information appears to be inaccurate or incomplete. It may not be possible to make changes after this time.
Changes, Cancellations and No Shows
If you wish to change your booking we will try to comply with your requests but we cannot guarantee that changes can always be made. Where a change can be made, you will be charged for any extra costs incurred by ourselves we will advise you immediately of any additional costs. You will be required to pay the increased fees immediately if your rental is within 7 days of the rental. If you are unhappy with the boat on the date of delivery because of any personal preferences such as the boat size, motor size, exhaust smoke, color or steering, that don’t suit your expectations, no refund will be applicable. A refund will only be applicable if the boat has serious mechanical or operational issues that makes the boat unsafe to use on the lagoon.
If you wish to cancel all or any part of your booking, you should advise us immediately in writing. There may be charges based on the losses we may incur.
If you indicate that you may not be able to proceed with your booking before the date of balance due, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and the deposit is non-refundable. Or if you indicate that you will proceed with the booking after indicating that you may cancel, we reserve the right to invoice you for a payment instalment to contribute to the total cost of the rental to re-confirm your commitment.
If we agree to postpone a booking for you for any reason you will incur a fee a postponement fee to be determined by Knysna Boat Rental.
Standard Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions.
CONDITION OF BOAT (AND MOTOR) AND TRAILER
- The Owner states that to the best of his knowledge and belief that above-described boat (and motor) and trailer is in sound and safe condition and free of any known defects or faults which would affect its safe and reliable operation under normal use.
- The Owner further states that all required lifesaving and safety equipment are aboard the boat and in good order and condition at the time of delivery to the Renter for this boat rental agreement.
- The Renter admits having inspected the boat and lifesaving and safety equipment on board the boat to his/her satisfaction and agrees that they are in compliance with the regulations pertaining to his intended area of use of the boat.
- The Renter states that he is physically and legally qualified to operate the above-described boat. All fuel used shall be paid for by the Renter.
- The rented boat shall not be used to carry passengers or property for hire.
- The rented boat shall not be used to carry passengers, goods or materials in excess of the rated passenger/weight carrying capacity of the boat as stipulated in 2.8 above.
- The rented boat shall not be used to push, propel or tow another boat, barge or any other thing without the written permission of the Owner.
- The rented boat (and motor) shall not be used for any race or in any competition.
- The rented boat (and motor) shall not be used for any illegal purpose.
- The Renter shall not operate the boat (or motor) in a negligent manner.
- The rented boat (or motor) shall not be operated by any other person other than the Renter stipulated in 1.2 above without the written permission of the Owner.
- The Renter shall not remove the motor from the boat for any use whatsoever.
- No passengers shall be carried on the boat whilst the boat is being towed by the trailer.
- The Renter hereby agrees that he shall be held fully responsible for any and all loss of or damage to the boat or equipment or motor or trailer during the term of this Boat Rental Agreement whether caused by collision, fire, flood, vandalism, theft or any other cause, except that which shall be determined to be caused by a fault or defect of the boat or equipment or motor or trailer.
The Renter further agrees to make a breakage deposit with to Knysna Boat Rental, said deposit to be used, in the event of loss of or damage to the boat or equipment or motor or trailer during the term of this Boat Rental Agreement, to defray fully or partially the cost of necessary repairs or replacement. In the absence of damage or loss, said deposit shall be credited toward payment of the Rental Rate and any excess shall be returned to the Renter.
Website Standard Terms and Conditions
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
“Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
“The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to Knysna Boat Rental.
“Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
All terms refer to any offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing South African Law.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorised employees within the company on a need to know basis only use information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
Any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, hand-outs or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service, you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
As Knysna Boat Rental asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Knysna Boat Rental violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us immediately. We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. Knysna Boat Rental will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
Contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
The laws of the South African Communication Media Authority (SACMA) govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and using our services/buying our products you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.